by clicking the arrows at the side of the page, or by using the toolbar.
by clicking anywhere on the page.
by dragging the page around when zoomed in.
by clicking anywhere on the page when zoomed in.
web sites or send emails by clicking on hyperlinks.
Email this page to a friend
Search this issue
Index - jump to page or section
Archive - view past issues
Trinity News : April 2011
TRINITY NEWS 45 1 Matthew Wormald (’00) married Phillipa Rains They were married at St Raphael’s Church, South Hurstville followed by a reception at Victoria House. Michael Green (’00) supported Matthew and was one of his groomsmen. Matthew, a fire-fighter, is based at Greenacre, and Phillipa, a doctor, is currently at St George Hospital and is aiming to specialise in Paediatrics. Matthew and Phillipa currently reside at Jannali. 2 Andrew Selim (’97) was married to Nariman Demetri at the School Chapel. The Chapel was filled to capacity with friends (including a number of ex- Trinitarians) and family celebrating the wonderful occasion. The happy couple honeymooned in Mexico and the US before settling into life in their home in Brighton Le Sands. Weddings 3 1 2 2011 marks the 90th anniversary of the introduction of the ‘House System’ to Trinity in 1921 by Mr M K Jones, Sports Master. The TGS Archives holds the Games Committee Minute Book which records the course of events. The first Committee meeting was held on the 25 February 1921 where it was decided who would be a member of the committee (mainly students), that a constitution must be determined, and that Trinity would accept the invitation from St Aloysius’ College to compete in swimming teams races. At the second meeting, the House System was adopted ‘for all branches of sport.’ Three houses were proposed – School House for the boarders – and two other day boy houses. Recommendations were made to the Prefects Committee for the awarding of green blazers for Merit ‘with badge and a corded edge,’ and for Sport ‘with badge and a broad white edge’. In addition Cricket caps for all the members of the First XI were recommended, and finally the number of points to be awarded for House competitions in cricket, football (i.e .Rugby), athletics, tennis and swimming was determined. It was not until the third meeting of the Games Committee that House Captains were selected by the Head Master, and names – to honour the School’s first two head masters – and colours, for the new houses were decided – gold for Henderson, blue for Hilliard and green for School. Since 1921 the House System has grown and developed into the current sixteen Houses. The photographs illustrate some artefacts of the Houses held in the TGS Archives. Alison Field | Archivist LAYING FOUNDATIONS 1 2